We provide intensive support to the most vulnerable and marginalised individuals in the community who are living with HIV or Hepatitis C and have complex health needs. We build trusting, supporting relationships with people and work with them to engage in life in their own community through individual support and involving people in group activities.
If you choose to work with us, together we will create a personal care package which is tailor-made to your needs. We will support you for as long as you need us and will work closely with other organisations to ensure that the best possible support is in place for you.
The group activities we’ll encourage and support you to take part in, can help you develop new or existing skills and engage in positive activities. We will also support you to take part in socially based activities such as cinema visits or bowling. These outings can help you feel more involved in life, perhaps after a long period of illness, and build your confidence to try new things as well as developing friendships.
Working with our Community Outreach & Support team, can help you with:
- Minimising hospital or residential respite stays
- Feeling happier and leading a more fulfilled life
- Participating in more activities and in your local community
- Adopting a healthier lifestyle in relationship to food, exercise, smoking, drugs and/or alcohol
- Making new friends and improved personal relationships with partners, friends and family
Telephone: 0131 558 1425
We accept referrals from all health and social care professionals. You can also self refer. To make a referral, contact us using the details above.
Edinburgh & Lothians: Community Projects Team