Our person-centred approach, developed in line with the Scottish Government’s Reshaping Care for Older People initiative, is focused on supporting older people to live an independent and fulfilled life at home and in their local community, for as long as possible.
An approach that always starts with agreeing a support plan that is unique to each person and captures their individual requirements and desired personal outcomes.
A support plan may include:
- Connecting with local resources and support networks
- Maximising independence in the home, including with medication, personal care, health and wellbeing, and adapted environments
- Managing finances and accessing appropriate benefits
- Building and maintaining relationships with friends and family
- Staying involved in social activities and choosing to try new things
We do not deny the reality that many older adults find the world increasingly confusing and frustrating, but we choose to focus on people’s interests, strengths and dreams yet to be realised.
We aim to...
Offer community-based and person-centred support to older people living throughout Scotland; read about Janet, here.
We achieve this by...
Being tenacious and not giving up on people. Our specially trained practitioners have considerable experience and skills in developing strong support relationships and positively persisting with people to engage in supports and community activities.
For further information or to discuss what support options are available in your area, contact us via our online form at https://www.carrgomm.org/Pages/Contact.aspx or give us a call on 0300 666 3030