The EVOC Red Book

The online directory to find third sector Organisations, and their services across Edinburgh


Only services that are currently available during COVID-19 are listed in the directory.

In line with Government advice, most groups and organisations in the city have had to take the unfortunate decision to suspend face to face and group work activities. Please telephone or email the contacts listed for the group or organisation if you are interested in their work to check what alternative arrangements might be available.


Family Fund Scotland

Please be aware that there may be a delay in receiving your grant item due to the impact of Coronavirus on our team and suppliers. Please visit our Coronavirus page for more information.

We help families across the UK who are raising a disabled or seriously ill child or young person aged 17 or under. You can apply to Family Fund if:

- You live in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales (Please note: If you are a family living in Wales, please visit our Wales application pages to apply.)
- You are the parent or carer of a disabled or seriously ill child or young person aged 0-17 who lives with you
- You are currently living in the UK and done so for at least six months, or three months if your child is less than six months old. You are eligible to work and apply for public funds
- Your child is not in Local Authority care
- You have evidence of entitlement to any one of the following:
..Universal Credit
..Child Tax Credit
..Working Tax Credit
..Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
..Income Related Employment Support Allowance
..Income Support
..Housing Benefit
..Pension Credit
- Your child or young person has a high level of additional support needs arising from a long term disability or disabling condition or a serious or life limiting illness. By long term we mean lasting or likely to last 12 months or more. Please read our child and young person eligibility criteria.

You must meet all Family Fund eligibility criteria in order to be considered for a grant.

Grant items:

- Center Parcs
We can consider helping with grants towards a Center Parcs break
- Clothing
We can consider helping with grants towards clothing
- Butlin's
Planning a break in the UK? We can consider a Butlin's grant.
- Family break - Inspire
We are able to consider grants for personalised family breaks in the UK and Europe with Inspire
- Haven
Planning a break in the UK? We can consider a Haven grant
- Computers and tablets
We can consider grants towards a variety of computers and tablets
- Days out
Love to go to the cinema? Thinking of a trip to the Zoo? Longing for a day out at the seaside? Then a Day Trips grant could be for you
- Recreation and household
We can consider helping with some sports equipment, or you need to replace essential household furniture
- Kitchen appliances
We can consider helping with a variety of kitchen appliances to support your family’s needs
- Sensory toys and equipment
We can consider grants towards sensory toys and equipment
- Games, books and music
We can consider a grant towards games, books and music
- Games consoles
We can consider a grant towards games consoles
- Outdoor play and leisure equipment
We can consider helping with trampolines, swings, slides, play houses, inflatable spas and other outdoor play and leisure items.
- Specialist trike or bicycle
We can consider a contribution towards a specialist trike or bicycle for your child/young adult
- Garden Improvements
We can sometimes consider a grant contribution towards garden improvements.
- Driving Ambitions
We can help your child/young person get started as a driver.
- Pets
We can consider grants towards a pet for your child or young person

We will look at any grant request that relates to the needs of your disabled or seriously ill child, young person and your family.

When applying, think about what would make a difference to you and your child. We consider grant requests in order of priority. If you would like to ask for more than one item, make sure you tell us what is the most important item first.

We have limited funding and we may not be able to help with everything you have asked for, especially where items are of a high value.


Please see

How do families apply?

Applications for a Family Fund grant must be made by the parent or carer of the disabled child or young person. Please see

If you would like to ask any questions or discuss this before you make an application, please contact us.
0 - 1, 1 - 3, 4 - 12, 13 - 16
Days and Times
Contact Details
Contact Telephone: 01904 550 055
Contact Email:

This record was last modified on: 18 August 2020