Following the Government guidelines we will continue to provide this service remotely throughout the current lockdown.
We continue to support individual remotely via phone calls and video calls whilst restrictions are in place.
If you would like to make a referral to our services, please email email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can (within 2-3 days). Please note that waiting lists are in operation for many of our services, but we will endeavour to offer support where possible or make an onward referral where appropriate.
The Bright Choices Project is for women, men, children and families who are experiencing difficult relationships. These difficulties can stem from disagreements about how people are supposed to dress, behave, who to marry, how to treat children, about finishing education and who they are allowed to be friends with. We will also support women who are survivors of FGM.
The Bright Choices service is here to help you stay safe by offering free and confidential support.
Bright Choices is for you if:
- You cannot agree with your family or community about what behaviour is 'acceptable'.
- You do not want to grow up or raise your family in the traditions of your community.
- You or someone you know is accused of 'shaming' and 'dishonouring' the family or the community.
- You know that someone else is suffering because he/she is 'dishonouring' his/her family.
- You are abused in your marriage but you cannot leave your husband/wife.
- You want help to discuss issues of honour with your family or community.
- You or someone you know needs help to stay safe in their family home or in their community.
To make a referral, please phone 0131 467 7052. For more information about the project, please email Anne Spiers.