COVID-19 Service UPDATE...
As a result of the Coronavirus Pandemic, Citizens Advice Edinburgh are now operating a telephone only advice service, until the restrictions on social distancing and self isolation are lifted. We understand how difficult a time this will be for people and we will try to provide as much up to date information and advice we can.
In the meantime we will be providing telephone helpline between 9:30am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday delivered by our local advisers in Edinburgh and by next week, we expect a national Citizens Advice Helpline to be launched.
Simply call our main number on 0131 510 5510.
Normal service details...
Looking for Advice?
All of our advice is:
We have five bureau and thirteen outreach locations across the city, where you can access information, advice and practical support on any issue. We also provide a Home Visiting services for people with reduced mobility.
We have specialist services in Universal Credit, Welfare Rights, Debt, Employment, Housing, Home Energy Advice, Pensions, Immigration and Budgeting. We also deliver the NHS Patient Advice and Support Service.
What can we help you with?
The main areas of advice include (but are not restricted to):
- Your Money - Debt, Employment, Benefits, Pensions and Tax
- Your Family - Family, Health, Housing, Education
- Your Daily Life - Phone, Broadband and Energy Costs, Consumer Affairs, Travel
- Your Rights - Human Rights, Immigration, Legal Rights and Responsibilities
What should I bring?
It’s always best to bring as many documents as you can with you, so that our advisers are able to help you. Please see https://www.citizensadviceedinburgh.org.uk/what-to-bring.
How do we help?
- Speak to you face-to-face or by phone to find out what the problem or problems are
- Access our regularly updated information systems for up to the minute information
- Help you negotiate with companies or service providers such as creditors or to appeal against decisions
- Help you write letters and/or phone companies and service providers on your behalf
- Help you prioritise your problems, for example, to sort out which debts are most important and should be paid first
- Help you with form filling, for example, to claim for welfare benefits
- Refer you to CAE specialist caseworkers for complex problems or to other agencies when appropriate.
How can I access the service?
Please call 0131 510 5510 to make an appointment to see one of our advisers.
MONDAY: 10:15am - 4:30pm / 5:30pm - 7:00pm (Legal Clinic by referral only)
TUESDAY: 10:15am - 4:30pm
WEDNESDAY: 10:15am - 4:30pm / 10:15am - 12:45pm (Universal Credit Help to Claim Drop-In Service)
THURSDAY: 10:15am - 4:30pm
FRIDAY: 10:15am - 4:30pm
Unless otherwise stated, Gorgie/Dalry Citizens Advice Bureau operates an appointment system, but if the matter is urgent, please let us know by calling our appointments number and we will try to see you as soon as possible.