Southside and Central Out Of School Hours services aims to provide high quality affordable out of school care for all children aged 4-14 years in the centre of Edinburgh and beyond.
Scoosh is a parent led charity that is proud of its record in providing services for the local community.
Our aims and objectives encompass the spirit in which we operate. We have a raft of Policies and Procedures that are linked to the standards set down by the Care Inspectorate.
Aims and Objectives
- Promoting a positive relationship with parents/carers and work in partnership with them to provide high quality play and care for their children.
- Encouraging the involvement of all our parents, where possible, in some aspect of the club.
- Ensuring our service is inclusive and accessible to all children in the community and offers them a programme that is interesting, educational, stimulating and fun.
- Creating a safe child-centred environment, which allows the children a degree of freedom within a fairly structured environment and offers them an opportunity to have their say and shape the programme of activities.
- Keeping our fees to a minimum by way of enabling low income families and families with multiple children affordable childcare.
- Ensuring our service is responsive and expands where demand is made in a manner that will not endanger our current services.
- Ensuring the staff team is experienced, well trained and properly supported within an equitable workplace.
- Making all our policies and procedures explicit and readily available to all our staff members and service users.
- Ensuring that our services meet the conditions of the Children's Act (Scotland) 1989 and comply with all other relevant childcare legislation, wherever they apply.
For more information, please contact 0131 668 0918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.