Our 1-1 Support Workers here at Saheliya can help you with a wide range of problems which include:
- Legal issues
- Safety issues
- Housing issues
- Health issues
- Financial advice, including benefit rights
- Language Support
- Practical and Emotional Support
- Supporting you in meetings with solicitors, GP, other services etc
Our team of support workers will help to develop goals YOU want to achieve, aiding you to become self-reliant, confident and independent.
- We have direct experience of different cultures.
- We speak English, Arabic, French, Cantonese, Hakka, Mandarin, Gujarati, Punjabi, Somali, and Urdu.
- We will keep all your information confidential.
Our workers will always listen to you and never judge you and most importantly your privacy is respected at all times.
Support work at Saheliya is funded by the City of Edinburgh Council, the Scottish Government Violence Against Women Fund, the Innovation Change Fund, and NHS Section 16b.